Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Spring Cleaning Challenge

Spring.  She's two day away.  Thank heavens!

It's time to get our spring clean on, and that means that I need a plan.  I suck at planning, but luckily there are others out there who rock at it and are using their awesome blogs to help the rest of us out!

Jen over at iHeart Organizing has been challenging herself with her own Clean Home Challenge and I've been happily following along!  So I'm taking most of her list, adding a few of my own chores, and we're doing this!  Ready? 

Here is what I will be challenging myself with over the next several weeks. 

1. Clean out my truck
2. Clean out microwave
3. Wipe down trim & doors
4. Clean out one drawer
5. Clean out the fridge
6. Clean out the freezer
7. Purge bathroom toiletries
8. Attempt homemade cleaning solution
9. Vacuum under furniture
10. Vacuum mattresses
11. Wash windows
12. Clean out one closet
13. Wipe down cabinets/appliances
14. Wash out garbage can/recycle bin
15. Clean oven
16. Clean out pantry
17. Clean out one cabinet
18. Organize dog shelves
19. Go through magazine basket
20. Clean out hutch drawers
21. Purge candle basket
22. Complete Bird Seed Can project
23. Clear end table
24. Organize/purge Frisbees
25. Clean out second cabinet
26. Contain the yarn!

These are the things that I don't want to do.  They are little chores that are easily hidden behind closed doors which makes them easy to ignore because nobody has to know about it right?  Which is why they landed on my list, because I don't want to do them.  And now I have to because you are expecting me to.  See how that works?  Peer pressure!

Which ones am I dreading the most?  Probably #15, #20 & #23.  Yeah, let's not think about those three anytime soon.

So what are you doing to kick off spring cleaning season?

No comments: