Friday, November 8, 2013

Yarn, Yarn, Yarn!

I totally and completely love yarn.  I didn't know that I loved yarn, but then I bought a skein to teach myself to crochet and a freaking monster was born.

A few years ago, my hubby's cousin's stepmom crocheted her stepson a gorgeous afghan.  The next time I visited, I fell in love and insisted that she make us one as well!  Once I had my precious bundle home, I promised myself that I would learn how to create such a beautiful thing.

Fast forward a few years, I am now a decent crocheter (as long as you don't ask me to make anything outside of a strait line).  Pair that with my intense, deep seated need to help the less fortunate, I began crocheting scarf after scarf after scarf to donate and now I've got one heck of a mess in what is my yarn stash.

































I've got half finished projects in every single drawer. There is no rhyme or reason to the way my yarn stash is 'organized'. You couldn't even call this organized chaos, it's just chaos. All by itself.

I dumped everything out and forced myself to make decisions. (I hate making decisions!) What to ball, what to frog, what to scrap. For you non-yarn folk, 'frogging' refers to taking apart a project, unraveling the crochet or knit to take it back to just yarn so it may be used for something else.

I'm not done organizing, so I don't have an 'after' picture to show you yet. But I discovered that I loooove to take pictures of yarn! So until I have a finished project, I'll leave you with some shots of my newly organized box of fun yarn!





























SO PRETTY! Oh I love yarn. Yarn, yarn, yarn, yarn. Even the word is awesome!

If you are visualizing a crazy looking lady with wild hair, the whites of her eyes showing and downing a pot of coffee while tossing yarn around and singing 'Yarn, yarn, yarn, yarn' really really fast, that's okay. That's probably what my hubby saw, too. It's all good!

1 comment:

Decor To Adore said...

A grand collection indeed! :)

Have a lovely fall week!

Laura